IOSH Working Safely
A 1 day training course designed to deliver an understanding of essential health and safety in the workplace, for all persons to work safely, in any industry.
Who should attend?
This course is for employees from any industry sector who have no supervisory or managerial responsibilities.
Benefits of attending for the learner
- All learners will gain a general appreciation of Health and Safety and to appreciate risks and hazards in the workplace.
- All learners should be better placed to keep themselves and the people around then safer as a result of the training.
- The training is a CPD opportunity for people who may already have good safety knowledge, giving them the opportunity to reflect on their own knowledge and behaviours.
Benefits of attending for the employer
- A reduction in incidents and accidents as a result of a wider appreciation of Health and Safety in the workforce.
- The course can be an integral part of an overall safety culture.
- Better awareness of the employees of their roles and responsibilities with regards to Health and Safety.
What you will learn
- Introducing Working Safely.
- Health and Safety legislation.
- Defining hazards & risks.
- Identifying common hazards e.g. fire hazards, electrical hazards, manual handling injuries, the effect of noise and slips trips and falls.
- Improving safety performance, reporting and recording accidents and near miss events, reviewing risk assessments and communicating improvements.
What qualifications will you achieve?
· Successful candidates receive an IOSH accredited certificate
How is this training delivered?
- The IOSH Working Safely course is classroom based with discussions and demonstrations in controlled conditions, working towards a written assessment/risk control exercises at the close.
Where is the training carried out ?
- The course can be held in house at your premises or at our training centre in Rugeley Staffordshire.